Saturday, November 19, 2011

Powerman 2011

be4 i start the powerman 2011,i been raced 1week be4 this race in my Pg hometown...
i actually saw the race that will be held in my primary school in Permatang Pauh...
its so happened that she celebrate the 75 year anniversary...

initially wanted to join men open de...
anyway to the last min i changed to alumni category which is 5km compare to men open 10km...
came back late mid nite with 1 0...

i think is around 2.30am v reached...
after changed to alumni category,my chances of winning higher jor...
anyway it wasnt follow the way i would like to...

theres no 5km mark...marshal dun even noe where the 5km mark...
only 10km mark...
n i lead all d way...

so i noe that i gonna get into deep trouble liao...
no choice...all d way i cant see any 5km mark...
so i just follow the pack...keep overtook ppl...

finish the 10km route...
i just told the race technical person...
anyway he seem cant do anything...

the guy who initially follow my back got 3rd placing though he ran wring route little bit...
his wife keep complaint to the organiser n eventually got to her wish of getting 1st placing...
me?9th...

let just hope its just another lesson for me or for the organiser?...
i ad told them if next year they want do it again better make sure all the road sign mark been clearly marked...

Powerman 2011
This race i been love to join since last year...
anyway i wasnt finished good enuff during last year of which getting 7th...
at that time i still run in pain mode of my injury...

this year suppose i can finish stronger than last year...
anyway i still wasnt really confident esp in my cycling leg...
i dont do alot of cycling training...

may be each week once of twice with the training period 20-30mins only...
as i know that my 32km cycling route may used me up to 1hour time to finish if u not fit enuff...
then early morning of that saturday,chau ad reached lumut...

as for myself i only reached at around 8pm+...
with moey family n chau ad check in the hotel room...
having some chat with chau and later is with moey family...

the next morning v just walk to the race location is just behind our hotel...
can see quite alot of participant this year around...
my sprint race started at 7.30 if i no mistake...
my 1lap of run quite well...
only 2 guys i lost out is Mr Mark william n the upnm fler...
another guy infront of me...but forget d...

anyway whn get inside cycling leg...
i was cycling with my normal routine n cadence of around 90rpm ba...
to my dismay the bike meter that i set up early morning got failure again...

cheap cateye is like that liao...
whn i reach around 10+km mark i was overtook by the eventual women champion,Radka...
tried to follow her some distance before get caught by big group behind us...

inside the group quite alot of elite...
so as upnm's chan...
i cant do anything but just to follow the whole group till the end...

i can sense that this time around my bike time will get to improve couple of mins...
and the speed along the way with this group is much or less 36-38km/h if mistaken by my own interpretation...
then came back for running leg...

initially i ad in leading position...
anyway suddenly 1 thai guy come in and follow me n overtook just front of me...
i though i still got chance to sapu him back at the final km...

anyway my thinking is wrong...
when Mark william came in at our back to overtake us...
this thai guy just so clever to follow his speed and make same gap between me n him...

and this gap just make me become harder and harder to get close to him...
eventually mark william gone much more ahead as i cant even saw him...
the thai guy finished within 1min front of me...
by finished in 3rd in my 2nd attempt of sprint category was quite a satisfied performance i can be proud of...
anyway i still need to improve my bike leg which provide to be a very weak link...
having our buffet lunch during the award lunch...
the lucky draw ceremony seem like some kind of diff setting with the initially calling the no....
anyway till the last part is some kind of questionaire...haha...
n i managed to gave 10cent as requested by the organiser in such a hurry mode...

a brooks shirt was what i got while black so lucky to get tri suit!nice...
then v back at 3.30pm with the tranational bus...
that initially cant c any place for us to put in our bike...

but the driver just so helpful to rearrange those baggage...
n v get to put in 2 bike in such a compact area...

No comments:

Post a Comment