Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Brooks Half marathon Penang Malakoff 17km

I missed this run for few years d…

But I don’t really want to join it initially…
Due to its expensive fees…

I dunno y nowadays those organizers keep on charging so expensive race fees…
Dun compare us to the foreign country la…
For instance,spore is a high capital earning country sure la they affort to join such a high race fee competition…

If you charge around rm30-rm50 I wont really mind…
In fact rm50 is consider expensive also…
Look at the Standard Chartered Marathon…

They transform from 2005 race fees of rm30 for half marathon to nowadays rm60+…
What a ridiculous in such a short 5-8 years transformation of race fees…
Some more the prizes offered also not that attractive!

Anyhow its runners choice to decide to join or not…
Then I decided this year to join lol…
I initially thought that they offered of brooks voucher may be not many strong fler…

To my surprise there got so many out there…
And just 1 more place I was out of top 10..
10 also very lucky to get no.10…

I must say this is a rugi race ha…
Rm50 brooks voucher nothing much u can buy…
N we both get ourself each a sock in the curve brooks…

Lets talk about the Penang Malakoff 17km run…
I actually wasn’t train much for mileagae…
But I gt confident to finish it well…

Not like half marathon which kinda too long for me…
If you want to do well in half you really have to take at least 1 and half hour to train…
I normally train only 30mins which not suitable for half…

Last year I’m very disappointed of getting 6th…
This year lucky theres no foreigner…
Anyway the race wasn’t that easy as expected…

For the starting few Km I was challenged by few season runner…
Among them are brooks club runner and chan…
I must say they are quite fast…

Anyway after 5km I get my rhythm and get to chase front runners…
Who are shahrom n a thai fler…
Throughout whole race except last 2km I was behind those 2fler…

Anyway my finishing still not that good and let them getting far…
I’m actually quite satisfied with my performance…
Thinking of getting a better time this year around…

To my dismay the time I got just exactly like last year…
WTH!but I like the trophy much which I waited for quite a few time…
My target for 10 was well achieved by her…

Really pleased with her time…
Though her category was really hard to beat with a lot of strong fler…
Overall I’m still need to improve though running technique is improving right now…



No comments:

Post a Comment