Saturday, June 8, 2019

2018 Terengganu Sultan Mahmud Bridge International Run

2018 Terengganu Sultan Mahmud Bridge International Run: Very long didnt join this race though every year keep talking to EeLing Ong plan to join, in the end apa pun takda. So this year we decided to drive all d way frm Penang to Kuala Terengganu on Friday morning with gruesome 6hrs ride and race at midnight for half marathon distance.
It's our first & last half marathon in this year as we seldom do mileage program. Weather was cool breezing with mild rain before race. Both of us didnt target much as we would prefer to do a good time first. Race start sharply at 1.30am with some elites running at 3:30pace which I knew is a suicide pace for me. Was catching up with 2 front runner who were @3:50. After 8k I was following on this runner throughout the race. Been run for so many years and my first time to meet such unsporting runner in my life. Whenever I was surging to pass by him,he will move his body to block me frm going through. Be it left or right,though both of us strength are almost same. Luck was on my side with my last 300m sprint with another runner,I managed to pull off this fler. My reminder to others is beware of him whenever you meet him during race. Forget about the incident and the good thing is came off with my pb over here.
10 has her maiden race here which bring her luck of getting podium though she's having hard time using new shoes for this race. Overall this is a well organized race. Road was closed up control well by marshals,ample of water station,nice medal etc. Good development event for youngster too. Time to enjoy after whole body pain race... #o2running



No comments:

Post a Comment